Wednesday 27 July 2016

The Only Ones


The idea for this project first appeared a while ago, maybe three or four years back. It's just that I needed all this time to become fully committed and throw myself into what I had in mind. 

The project will be called The Only Ones, and it only got this name because on the 21st of July, in Madrid, there was a particular concert I was going to see. As I was leaving the Ciudad Universitaria metro station, I heard "The Whole Of The Law" from that legendary 1978 album by The Only Ones. Then "Another Girl, Another Planet", and then "Breaking Down". And there I had it, every piece, down to the last drop. 

I will publish The Only Ones, the 2016 original in writing, on dullygray pages at the beginning of August. In the meantime, feel free to check out Peter Perrett's classic album that has both nothing and everything to do with my work.